Friday, June 30, 2017

Dear Elizabeth

Happy 1st Birthday, baby girl!
What a wonderful year it has been. You have been a joy since day one and it is hard to remember what life was like before you were born.

I've decided to write you a letter each year for your birthday, print it out and keep it in a book for you to read when you are grown. I want you to know how much you are loved and treasured by your daddy and me.


You adore dogs, avocados, walks, swimming, and playing peek-a-boo with daddy.
You have an adventurous side (you get that from your daddy) and if I'm honest, it terrifies me sometimes . ;) You love people and you never meet a stranger.

I've been thinking a lot about your future today. As I see your little personality emerging, it gives me a glimpse of the person you will become.

Elizabeth, I hope and pray that you love and serve Jesus with everything you are. In a world that is becoming less tolerant of the true believer, I pray that you will boldly serve the Lord and seek Him with your whole heart.


I love that you are so trusting and that you genuinely love people. Right now you are sheltered from evil, cruelty and meanness...you only see good. One day when I can no longer shield you from those things, I hope that you will still choose to look for the good in people.
May you be confident in the person Jesus has made you to be and never feel the need to hurt someone else in order to feel better about yourself.
I pray you will always be kind.



I love how you wake up every morning with a smile on your face. You have been happy and content since day one! Your little smile has already blessed so many.
I pray you will grow up to love life and choose joy.





Elizabeth, you have a very determined spirit. I pray that your daddy and I are wise and guide you well these next few years. I hope we can help you channel your determination in a godly direction. May you accomplish all that Jesus created you to do and do it with excellence.


 We are and will continue to be imperfect parents but I hope you realize that from an early age. We are on this journey with you and we too are learning as we go.




Happy Birthday, sweet Lizzie girl!
I am excited about your next year of life and I'm glad I get to be with you every step of the way.

Love,
Mama


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... how sweet. A faithful man shall abound with blessings...Proverbs 28:20 Y'all's cup over floweth! Love you all so much. Thank you for being a part of my life for so many years. My blessings overflow too!

    ReplyDelete